2022 Spring Snow Goose Rates:
Arkansas: Feb 1-23, Iowa: Feb 28-March 13, & South Dakota: March 18-April 3
3-Day (Friday - Noon Sunday): $525
4 Day (Monday - Noon Thursday): $525
5 Day (Mon-Fri): $700
7 Day (Mon-Sun): $1050
1 or 2 Day Hunts: $200/day
- A deposit of 50% is due with two weeks of booking your hunt. Full payment is due by January 1. All hunts booked on January 1 or later require full payment within 24 hours of booking.
- Prices are per hunter and don’t include lodging, license, or guides tips.
- Payment method: check or credit/debit card. All credit/debit cards will have a 4% convenience fee.
- A party size of 8 hunters is required to have your own field & request a guide. Smaller parties will be mixed with other groups.
- Tips are a part of our guide's pay. The industry standard is 15-20% of the price of the hunt.
- All hunts are full days except the last day which is a half-day hunt until noon. Full-day hunts run legal shooting time until sunset. This allows us to move spreads, fix gear, and prepare for the incoming hunters.
- The minimum age to hunt with us is 14 years old in mixed groups. If you have eight hunters in your field, we will consider younger hunters. Please call to discuss, we encourage youth hunters, but it has to be a positive experience for them. We have seen a lot of overwhelmed young guys in the fields over the years. Our goal is to prevent this from happening not to limit youth hunters.
- Obedient dogs are allowed if you have a full field of 8 hunters - if the dog isn't trained, it is best to wait until they are—no dogs allowed in mixed groups.
- Sales Tax - Both Iowa and South Dakota require a sales tax on guided hunts.
- One person in your party needs to be the contact person. They will be the person receiving all communications about the hunt.
The vast majority of hunters book a 3 or 4-day hunt. Our guides want to work 7 days a week and the Mon-Thu & Fri-Sun allows that while giving our hunter the best chances at success. If you are interested in a one or two-day hunt, we book them around our 5-day hunters or starting January 15 on any remaining open dates on our schedule. The dates listed above are our best guess as to when the season will run but are subject to change until the DNR finalizes season dates which can take through August.
All monies paid are non-refundable. If you can’t make the trip, it is acceptable to find a replacement as long as the party size doesn’t decrease. If you can’t find a replacement, you forfeit your payment.
WE ARE NOT YOUR INSURANCE POLICY FOR LIFE HAPPENING! We understand that life gives us many unforeseen twists and turns. Some are pleasant, some not so much. When one of these "not so much" events happens to you, don't expect us to give you are refund. We get it, bad weather, deaths, illness, accidents and so on, all are unforeseen, unfortunate, and suck. They happen to all of us but they are insurable. We are a guide service, not an insurance company. Starting May 1, 2021, you need to either self insure or buy trip insurance. When you book a hunt with us you are going to hunt as scheduled or use your trip insurance. Those are the only two options, there will be no refunds, credits, or rescheduled hunts going forward.
The insurance agent we recommend for this is Scott Wilson of Best Shot Insurance. He offers trip insurance to hunters. Scott is has been my insurance agent for 10 years or more. He is hands down the best insurance agent I have used. He is very knowledgeable about the outdoor industry. He is an avid outdoorsman and goes on guided hunts himself so he knows both the insurance and outdoor sides. I get nothing for this recommendation other than knowing my hunters will be well served by his team.