2022 Spring Snow Goose Rates:
3-Day (Fri-Sun): $525
4 Day (Mon-Thu): $525
5 Day (Mon-Fri): $700
7 Day (Mon-Sun): $1050
1 or 2 Day Hunts: $200/day
Dates: Arkansas-Feb 1-23, Iowa-Feb 28-March 13, South Dakota March 18-April 3
- A deposit of 50% is due with two weeks of booking your hunt. Full payment is due by January 1. All hunts booked after January 1 require full payment when booking.
- Prices are per person. They don’t include lodging, meals, or hunting license.
- Payment method: check or credit/debit card. All credit/debit cards will have a 4% convenience fee.
- A party size of 8 hunters is required to have your own field & request a guide. Smaller parties will be mixed with other smaller groups unless they pay for the field. In that case, a smaller party will have just their party and can request a guide.
- Tips are a part of our guide’s pay. The industry standard is 15-20% of the price of the hunt.
- All hunts the last day which is a half-day hunt until noon. The rest are full-day hunts running legal shooting time until sunset. The half-day off on the last day allows us to move spreads, fix gear, and prepare for the incoming hunters.
- The minimum age to hunt with us is 14 years old in mixed groups. If you have your own field, we will consider younger hunters. Please call to discuss, we encourage youth hunters, but it has to be a positive experience for them. Snow goose hunting can be fasted paced. We have seen a number of younger-aged youth hunters get overwhelmed. Our intent is to prevent this from happening, not limit youth hunter’s opportunities.
- Obedient dogs are allowed if you have a full field of 8 hunters – if the dog isn’t trained, it is best to wait until they are—no dogs allowed in mixed groups.
- Sales Tax – Both Iowa and South Dakota require a sales tax on guided hunts.
- One person in your party needs to be the contact person. They will be the person receiving all communications about the hunt.
The vast majority of hunters book a 3 or 4-day hunt. It allows our hunter the best chances of success. If you are interested in a one or two-day hunt, after January 15 on any remaining open dates on the schedule. The dates listed above are our best guess as to when the season will run but are subject to change until the DNR finalizes season dates usually in Mid-August.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All payments are non-refundable. We highly recommend that you purchase trip insurance. With Trip Insurance, if you can’t make the hunt for any of the covered reasons like illness, deaths, weather, and more — you’ll get up to 100% of the covered expenses returned to you. Our liability insurance agent sells a policy tailored for hunting trips.
Up North Outdoors, Inc. cannot be expected to carry the financial burden for the many life events that happen to the hunters that book a hunt with us. It is not required but if you don’t purchase a policy, you are agreeing to self-insure, which may result in a loss of the money paid if the hunt is canceled. We have kept the prices of our hunts affordable so that even after purchasing the trip insurance it is still a good value. We will not be issuing credit memos or refunds. You can purchase insurance here: Buy Trip Insurance