Nebraska – Get Your License Before You Come For The Hunt

We met that game warden today. There has been several outfitters moving into this area the last few years and from the sounds of it they have been very sloppy when informing their hunters. Yesterday for example he checked 19 people and 11 of them were written tickets. Most for not having their federal duck stamp. The ticket is $100 due on the spot if you are from out of state.

Get the below before you come for the snow goose hunt on the internet and register for your hip number. The biggest deal is your Federal Duck Stamp. When I check your licenses the first day if you don’t have the right permits I can help you get it on line except for the federal duck stamp. The warden said today the post office has 2 remaining in stock. That isn’t going to cover everybody. Most of you should have it from this falls hunting. Be sure to bring it with you.

  1. Nebraska Hunting Permit — Residents – $14; Nonresidents – $81
  2. Nebraska Habitat Stamp — $20
  3. Nebraska Waterfowl Stamp — $5
  4. HIP registration number — free (HIP register 24 hours by calling 877-634-8687 or );
  5. Federal Duck Stamp – $15 (Required in all states during the regular duck/goose season. If you hunted waterfowl in the fall you should already have it but will need to bring it with you on the hunt). This is not a federal requirement to hunt during the conservation order but the fed duck stamp is required by the state of Nebraska to hunt during the spring season.
  6. Hunters ages 12 through 29 – Hunters Ed Cert or Hunter Exemption Certificate (if you don’t have a Hunters Ed Cert. Must hunt in the presence of a properly licensed adult) – $5

Saw tons of snow geese today while setting the spreads. I would like it to warm up but we have plenty of birds to run hunters.